Blackburn Road Runners is committed to protecting your privacy, and we take our responsibilities regarding the security of user information very seriously. This Privacy Statement sets out how we comply with both UK and European Union data protection requirements.
Our aim is to keep your data safe and private. We will not share your data without your prior consent and then only with those organisations that you have given specific consent for.
We will continue to send material to you, you will be able to opt out of receiving this information at any time.
The data protection law “GDPR” (General Data Protection Regulations) comes (came) in to force on May 25, 2018.
These regulations protect your personal data in the following ways:
- Your personal data is only stored for the purpose for what it was collected for.
- When it is no longer required it will be destroyed/removed to the required standard as specified in the law.
- Whilst holding your personal data we will ensure it is stored safely and securely and we will have processes in place to ensure ongoing security of your data.
- We will not share your data with any 3rd party organisation without your specific consent and you will have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- We will only send you marketing material that you have agreed to receive.
We use your personal information to contact to tell you about products and services that you have already said you are happy to receive. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time or by clicking the opt out option on the mailing that is sent to you.
Your right to access the personal information we hold about you
Under the GDPR you may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at email@example.com
This website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over any other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Statement. You should exercise caution and read the Privacy Statement applicable to the website in question.
Cookies & How we use them
We are aware of our responsibility to protect your privacy. As part of this responsibility, we let you know what information we collect using cookies when you use our websites, why we collect it and how we use it to improve your experience.
What is a Cookie?
Generally our cookies perform up to four different functions:
- Strictly Essential Cookies – To run some parts of our site we set a session cookie. This cookie is used to identify user sessions between page visits. Our site will not work correctly if the cookie cannot be set (for example if you set your internet browser to reject all cookies).
- Google Maps Cookies (Third Party) – Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users.
- YouTube Cookies (Third Party) – Youtube is a Google platform that places a number of cookies on websites with Youtube videos. They are helpful for measuring both the behaviour and number of Youtube users, but also information that links visits to our website.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies – These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to the website and see how visitors move around the website when they are using it. We use Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
How to disable Cookies in your browser
Here’s how to prevent new cookies from being installed and how to delete existing cookies. The exact procedure depends on which browser you are using.
Further Information on Cookies
- For information regarding the updated law on cookies visit the ICO.
- For more information about how to manage cookies and their uses visit About Cookies.